3/01/2005

Movies, Movies and more movies

I actually made it to three out of the five best nominated this year so I was well and truly able to indulge in the shallowness that is the Oscars. Yes, I admit we are sad. P and I like to have an informed guess at who may win so we do some research.

The three we saw were Million Dollar Baby, Sideways and The Aviator. I thought Sideways was the best out of the three of these films. I loved that it was only a character driven narrative, no special effects or glamourous scenes or cliched characters unlike the other two which had a foray into some of these flaws.

However, whenever I have a punt at who will win, ever since the debacle that was the sweep of the awards for the "The Titanic" a few years back, I now nominate winners based on how I think Hollywood might vote.

How did we fare this year, I picked the Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress, Best Director, Adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, Special Effects, Makeup and Costumes. So not too bad really.

Clotheswise my biggest problem was with Rene Zellweger she looked very stiff and uncomfortable in that way-too- tight dress she walked as if someone had put starch in her knickers.

This weekend I would be very happy to catch either or both "The House of Flying Daggers" and "Ray."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home