2/19/2005

I DON"T HATE DOOCE

I was just checking my referrals to my site and one was a from Google for "I hate Dooce fan club."

I have never expressed hate for anybody on my site. However I did say I "hate" having my picture taken once, and I did do a post about Dooce and saying that I am glad my website doesn't attract as much traffic as hers (because of this exact reason) and I did say I liked Teenage Fanclub and Voila " I hate dooce fan club" pick me it seems .

I checked all the references that came up on Google under that search and I am happy to say that apparently no such club exists. I was so incensed I was almost going to email Dooce about it, but then I think there are enough people bothering her and she doesn't need to know, who knows it might have been her or her husband Googling to see what the trolls were up to. I wanted to make sure that anyone coming my way under that referral should know that I like many, enjoy reading Dooce.

I much prefer my other referrals like "white pustules on tonsils - I get hit quite regularly on that one.

7 Comments:

At 6:01 pm, Blogger Jellyfish said...

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! That tonsils one if the best ever. Golden!

I get lots of hits for 'Devon Sawa's naked butt' and dirty things involving the actors from Buffy. Ew.

 
At 10:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking for information on white pustules on my tonsils. And I got this website as my first hit.
But there's no solution to my problem.

You *TEASE*

 
At 10:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:35 pm, Blogger Amanda said...

Dammit - No 1 on the hit list.

Okay now I will have to give some medical advice (note I am not a Dr repeat I have no medical quals and you take my advice at your own peril)

In my experience - it is tonsilitis - a bad case. Paracetomol or iburprofen for pain relief every four hours also gargle with warm salt water a couple of times a day. If the pain persists see your Dr who will no doubt prescribe you with antibiotics or penicillian (as has occurred to me this year)

Repeatedly sore throats may even by Strep-throat or Glandular Fever - which is viral so the drugs don't help and it takes a blood test to diagnose.

It is however most likely to be bacterial. Tonsils are the first line of defence and unless you can't breathe because of the swollen bits you are likely to keep them as the medical people are not so quick to take them out like they used to.

Hope it helps to whomever may wind up here by accident again.

 
At 1:41 am, Blogger Isabel said...

Isn't it funny the searches that bring people to our blogs??

 
At 9:44 am, Blogger Workman said...

I don't hate the Dooce either. Far from it, we made out when we were teenagers!

But "I hate dooce" was indeed the search that brought me here. I had read the Dooce post and was curious if that person's anger was strong enough for to actually start a hate club.

No follow through, it would seem. Oh well.

Other than that... nice blog you've got here.

 
At 10:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't hate dooce either but i saw that phrase somewhere and was trying to figure out what it was about. i just didn't want you to see another person who had searched for that and found you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home