4/29/2006

Link overhaul - way overdue

I know I have ignored just about everything in my life lately for the lure of work. I really can't explain why. I sat through an afternoon tea for a fellow who I will be replacing next week - 28 years with the same organisation.

The testimonials about him were many, long and he was clearly puffed up by the open adulation. I on the other hand sat in my chair at the back hoping no one would say and next week we will have LL who is coming in to fill those enormous shoes.

I couldn't wait till people started milling around so I could slink out of the room and wonder what the hell I am thinking how am I going to live up to him!

But my view is - great corporate knowledge he may have - but a builder of strategic relationships - I think that is my forte hopefully I can add some value despite the fact I have been with the organisation a fraction of the time he has.

Anyway this is a long way coming round to the fact, that I am trying to pay attention to some other parts of my life and recently started looking into the links I still have but really only find the time to visit a handful every so often. So it was a big surprise to find that infernality I linked to is a intelligent, articulate law graduate entering the workforce and she has turned into a boy hard rockers blog and Katie - is this another side of the same woman I linked to a year ago - Katie liked cooking and knitting and going to Art Galleries in Boston - this new Katie likes parties, drinking and partying by the look of things.... not that there is anything wrong with that because at Katies age I had more in common with the latter Katie than the earlier Katie.

Just amused me entirely.

2 Comments:

At 3:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant! I too find it incredibly amusing that my old site now houses a heavy metal blog... wonder how long they've been waiting for the address to become available? ;-p

sarni (still reading)

 
At 3:45 pm, Blogger Amanda said...

Hi sarni
Good to hear from you. Hope your going well. I keep thinking I should pack in this blog given that it has gone beyond neglect of late. Not sure when I will pull the plug I seem to be interested again - such is the ebbs and flow in my life I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home