4/29/2006

A serious talk.

Recently one morning in the family room I was picking up Elliot's pyjamas yet again so I mentioned to P that Elliot never seems to put his pyjamas in the right place.

P dislikes me using the never word. His reasoning being that I use it in the wrong context - like "P you never close the shower curtain after you have finished in the shower" or "P you never check the washing carefully to remove my handwashing". I think he is right sometimes.

Anyway I said to P the fact that Elliot never puts his pyjamas in his bedroom was a very accurate statement this time. So we both decided to talk to him about it and as he emerged back into the family room, we both called him over and using our most serious tone said we had something to talk to him about. Of course we decided for fun to overplay the whole 'serious talk' - that's just our nature can't resist a good wind-up if there is an opportunity.

So I told Elliot to sit down in front of me and I sat down in front of him and held his hand and said "Elliot there is something we need to talk about and we have been meaning to talk to you about this for some time" and before I could continue about the pyjamas, Elliot looking quite earnestly into my eyes said " I know, I'm adopted!"

P was looking on and can only say that we just burst out laughing, where the hell did that come from, you could not meet a child that looks more like each of his parents. Serves us right for trying to trick him in the first place - we did end up having the serious chat about the pyjamas - and for about two days I think it worked.

2 Comments:

At 5:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! Weren't expecting that! I wonder how many kids lie awake at night wondering if they are adopted. E probably doesn't even think about who he looks like.

Elissa

 
At 6:19 pm, Blogger Amanda said...

Hi Elissa, glad you have faith in me to return to posting. I am beginning to wonder if the adoption thing is because of the grass is greener type attitude when I am giving him grief about other stuff - and he wants to voice it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home