7/19/2005

What a relief!


My grown up looking babies.

I don't have to be my boss - oh happy days! My boss stays my boss she was told today and she was so relieved as well. Finally a job where I don't have to watch the accident waiting to happen slowly unfold in front of me. We had to buy some champagne to celebrate the fact that we are not being promoted - I suppose to many people that would seem quite strange though not to us, we want to finish our project as well as we can and within the limitations we have with our family responsibilities - rising up further for both of us would have put our family work life balance at too great a risk. Thank God our big boss saw the light and wasn't so egotistical not to ask for one of the senior staffers to return to us and help us again and make this all possible.

On a sadder note I attended a funeral today to celebrate the life of the father of a close girlfriend. I feel I am on a path- no more 21st's (until our children's) no more marriages (unless they are second marriages or our children's) no more children (unless they are grandchildren) more divorce, illness and funerals. While I shed tears for my friend and her family, I thought of the times ahead for all of us and I hope I will be able to cope with my inevitably sad times ahead with as much grace and good humour as my girlfriend and her family did today.

2 Comments:

At 10:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've applied for a higher position here and I'm still wondering if it was a good idea. While I like the work and it's a lot more money, it will cut into my home time and could mean a fair bit of travel.

I'm still in two minds about it. Hence why I applied for it, but I'm not sure how I'll feel if I get it. Chances are, one of the other applicants will get first choice, but if I get second choice, I could still well be sitting in the position within the next 6 months.

Anyway, I'm not going to worry about it too much until I actually make the shortlist for interview! ;o)

- OLS

 
At 9:53 am, Blogger Amanda said...

I think when you start getting pushed up without being asked is a different consideration to applying - I felt that the right thing to do was to say no and the right thing was to say yes. In the end it worked out best for me because I didn't have to say no and have "them" think badly of me and now I don't have to do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home